WHAT YOU SHOULD NOW ABOUT TAGS:
Tags are simply 'keywords'
Tags represent words relating to the product you offer. The more words(tags) you use to describe one of your products on our site, the better your chances of being found by schools.
For example: If you are selling educational ebooks, you could use the following tags - [educational ebook] [book] [teaching material] [education] [ebook]
'Don't be a *drag, use tags.'
TAGS ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Increase the chance of your product being found
- Describe what your product is
- Help schools find exactly what they are looking for
- More schools find your company (by searching for a product, that product is linked to your company)
- Useful when remarketing older products
HOW TO USE TAGS:
- Insert tags when adding or editing a listed product (don't worry, no one can see your tags on your page)
- To get to the edit or list products/services page: login on to SchoolAdvisor.co.za, select your name and click on 'Manage Listing'. From here go to 'PRODUCT/SERVICES' and click the blue edit button for the product you want to add tags to.
- Insert 1 tag at a time and click 'add tag' (see image below)
- Once you have inserted all appropriate tags, hit enter on your keyboard or click 'save' at the bottom of the page
SOME EXTRA TIPS:
- Make sure to include a 'core tag' [eg. (ebook)]
- Use keywords that overlap with the core tag [eg. (educational ebook)]
- Your tag must, directly or indirectly relate to your product
- Think about the tags you want to use, don't just use a tag for the sake of using one
SLY SLANG: *drag - 'an annoying person; a burdensome person'